Wednesday, December 9, 2009

CryptoQuote Daily Challenge up again!

Greetings,

It has been a long few weeks since my website host performed an "upgrade". Unfortunately this upgrade broke the scripts which run on my website to make the CryptoQuote Daily Challenge work at all.

I fixed this problem... then ran into another where I could not access the database. Before the upgrade, I used a web-tool to update the database. After the upgrade, this tool is not available. I raised a ticket with my host, but have seen no updates or progress.

Instead, I wrote my own tool to be able to update the database, and just now pushed the first quote, an apology to my users.

I truly appreciate your patience, and especially the kind tone of the emails about this problem.

I'm glad that this has become a part of the routine for many of you, and I have some exciting features planned for CryptoQuote in the next few months.

Thanks again for your patience and support.

1 comment:

ejmh said...

Thank you for having the Daily Challenge. It truly has become a part of my day.